Home Diary 2: Starting a company, Purple Sofas, Cactus, Cute Plant Books
Image Credit: Pinterest
I recently started a business, and it has been taking up most of my time. My company, Booklingco, sells and curates children's books and learning aids for home use and as gifts.
The good thing is that I have a home office in my new place, which makes things a bit less stressful, although my home office clearly lacks the furnishings to truly pass as one 😂.
However, it still works as storage and a makeshift studio for Booklingco's stock.
My purple sofas are still being made. I hope the artisan delivers and doesn’t let me down; I think I'm getting paranoid- what if he fails to deliver? In fact, I've imagined calling the police to arrest him if anything goes wrong lol. I know I shouldn't be so pessimistic, but I can't help it!
Once the sofas arrive and everything turns out well, I might let you see them. Honestly, I don’t have high expectations; I just want something to sit on while I work. Lying on the bed isn't the most productive way to spend one's day.
I am also thinking of getting a cactus. A good friend of mine started a gardening business, and I'd like to support her. She posted some really cute pictures of cactus plants, and I love them, though I have no idea how to care for one. I guess I’ll rely on Google.
Or I might get a plant book. Once, I saw a book titled "How to Be a Plant Lady" while sourcing books for Booklingco. It was so cute, pink, and very instructive. I should have bought it, but at the time, I didn't even have a house. I'll need to keep an eye out for something similar soon.
Gbemisola Akinwale
Lifestyle Writer