Home Diary 3: Purple Sofa, Magazine Arts and Other Updates

My Magazine Cut Out Wall Art

Living Alone Diary: My Purple Sofa, Magazine Art & Other Updates

Been a minute, and so many things have happened since my last diary post. I'll try to talk about some of the important stuff.

Firstly, my purple sofa did come, and it turned out quite well. Although a few months later, I'm starting to question my colour choice. I have since switched my living room curtains from the sheer ones I had before to thicker, textured grey curtains.

I made the change one day when I got bored with the room. My sitting room felt quite cold and big, and I was wondering how to make it feel warmer. The switch turned out really well. My bedroom feels bigger, while my sitting room feels warmer, which was exactly the goal.

The purple sofa still looks good against the new curtains, but I've started wondering: Would I want to build my home's colour palette around purple?

The answer is no. 😂

Maybe burgundy, greens, or earthy colours, but definitely not purple.

I also wanted to have some artwork in my living room to make the space feel warmer. Unfortunately, I can't actually afford original artwork because, for some reason, artwork is expensive. And honestly, it's understandable. So I had to improvise.

During my time working in the design industry, I had kept some old magazines. I cut out some of the images and pasted them on the walls. I know you probably think I'm crazy at this point, but it actually turned out really well and looked surprisingly good.

It was born out of boredom and a tight budget, but I was genuinely happy with the results.

The white walls are another story. They're annoying because they stain so easily, so I might need to repaint soon, although I'm thinking I'll probably leave that until around Christmas.

I still haven't gotten around to getting plants for my backyard either, mostly because I'm too lazy to go out and source them. No one really does landscaping around here, and I don't blame them; the bushes around us apparently count as landscaping too. 😂 If you know my place, you'd get the joke.

Anyway, I'll hopefully get to the plants before December too.

By the time I renew my rent, I think I'll be more settled and able to focus on getting more things for the house: a rug, plants, and some other essentials.

Interestingly, I really don't mind not having a TV for now. In fact, I think I love that I don't have one.

I can always listen to the radio, which keeps me updated with the latest news, gist, and everything from trendy music to old classics, all of which I absolutely love. And not having a TV gives me more time to read the Bible or my books.

When I feel like watching a film, I just watch it on my phone.

In my next article, I'll be sharing all about my home studio/Booklingco storage room and the plans I have for it.

See ya!

Gbemisola
Lifestyle Writer

Popular Posts