When Life gives you a lemon; when the opposite always happens

Image Credit: Pinterest 

When life gives you a lemon, and you live in Nigeria, making lemonade is totally out of the question. I think you sit down and stare at the lemon, saying to yourself, "Errr?"

Then you proceed to squeeze the lemon in water and drink while pretending you care about your health for once.

Sometimes I wonder why the opposite of what I think always happens. And the easiest way for me to mess up something I want is just to think about a positive outcome; you know the type you play in your head that makes you happy, dreamy, and sleep well? 

Well, the shocking truth is, as soon as my brain comes up with these 'Positive Outcomes', 
SLAP-BANG, the Freaking Opposite happens!

I am sure I'm not the only one who feels like this; having to think negatively about every outcome in one's life is totally draining.

After many years, I've realised that the "Always think positively" and good things will happen is total crap & bull; chances are, when you think positively about something, well, at least in my own case, the freaking opposite happens! And I get disappointed, heartbroken even, and I have to start all over again. 

I know it's impossible not to think or visualise, as I am someone who plays vivid and picturesque scenarios and outcomes, whether relevant or irrelevant, in my head daily.

I'm still trying to figure out how to live my life with this realisation. If you are one of those extremely lucky people whose positive thoughts always happen, then I congratulate and envy you!

If you are like me and the opposite of whatever you think usually happens, how do you deal with the disappointment, and what are your coping strategies? Let me know in the comment section.

Gbemisola 
Lifestyle Writer 

Popular Posts